[vox-tech] Installing Firefox in Kubuntu

Bruce Wolk bawolk at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jun 21 20:41:47 PDT 2007

I'm a long time Gentoo user who is experimenting with Kubuntu 7.04 on an
  old Althon-XP box.  The system installed without a glitch, but I can't
seem to install additional software.  The add/remove facility shows
Firefox in the list, but it is greyed out and I have found no way to
ungrey it.  I tried using apt-get install firefox via the command line,
but this gives a "Package firefox is not available" error.  Googling
hasn't helped.  Any suggestions?

Bruce