[vox-tech] partitioning[fixed]

Jim evesautomotive at charter.net
Wed Sep 27 01:33:40 PDT 2006

Mike Neal wrote:

>> I then booted my hard drive and sure enough there was lilo being all
>> powerful and defiant with graphics and all.
>
> Hi,
>
> Sounds like LILO is in the Master Boot Record which is not cleared
> when you delete/create partitions.
>
> Try booting Win95 to a DOS prompt and run:
> fdisk /mbr
> to write a generic MBR to the hard drive.
>
> Cheers,
> Mike

I didn't have a chance to go thru the fdisk/ mbr for I found yet another
bootable cd ( http://dban.sourceforge.net/ ) in which it deletes the
whole hard drive completly.  I think it is done by writing over every
bit of space with a whole lot of nothingness.  After nuking the hard
drive I then repartitioned but now it asked for a label.  I didn't use
msdos because this is a linux hard drive so I used a bsd label.

Thanx for the help.

Jimbo