[vox-tech] Scanner software recomendation

Donald G. McGahan dgmcgahan at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 11 08:07:30 PDT 2006

Looking for opinions on software/driver for scanner (Canon LiDE50). I'm running Xubuntu (Xfce desktop) and would like to keep with the desktops responsivness by avoiding, if possable, loading up a bunch of KDE and Gnome libraries.  Installing XSANE, but was interested if there are software options or tricks to create PDF files directly from a scan simular to what Adobe Acrobat Professional does for me on the XP machine?

Thoughts and opinions?

Donald G. McGahan
UC Davis Soils and Biogeochemistry
dig.soilman at yahoo.com