[vox-tech] graphical front-end to bibtex files

Ken Bloom kbloom at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 14:45:14 PST 2006

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 10:05:32AM -0800, Dylan Beaudette wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> At home, on my mac there is a nice tool for working with bibtex files.. i am
> searching for something similar for Linux at work... Anyone have a favorite
> interface to bibtex files that will run under X11 ?
>
> Thanks!

I've used gbib (http://gbib.seul.org/) and bibcursed
(http://bibcursed.sourceforge.net/) (both apt-gettable) for this in
the past. (Before I started building bibliographies by searching
http://liinwww.ira.uka.de/bibliography/index.html and memorizing the
most common templates. JabRef (mentioned by others) looks more
flexible, but isn't apt-gettable, is probably more heavyweight, and
may be overkill.

--Ken