[vox-tech] Emacs on Breezy Badget

Richard Harke rharke at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 12 13:12:06 PDT 2006

I have breezy Badger amd64 installed on my laptop. I want to run
emacs but when I run it, it comes up without fonts. That is, there is a series
of open boxes to represent where characters are but only the
large emacs logo is readable. (I trust the logo is not a font)
If I run it from a term window I get two messages
Cannot convert string ...... to FontStruct
where the dots represent a rather long string of number, +'s, *'s
and the word courier or helvetica. I suspect that some part of X
may be missing but i can't figure out what. I've done a apt-cache search
on font and installed anything that looked likely but no go.

Richard Harke