[vox-tech] Creating large ramdisks

John Wojnaroski castle at mminternet.com
Mon Feb 20 17:20:05 PST 2006

Ahh, now I see what tmpfs is, perhaps calling it a swap space was a bit
confusing
See http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-fs3.html

That will work, in fact the article is very informative.  So if I
understand what you all are saying and the article; a diskless
workstation or any PC for that matter can use RAM memory as a VFS and
since the apps will be fixed in size for executable binary and data the
amount of memory required will be determinate until one begins to
experience "requirements creep" ;-).

Thanks again for the quick response

JW