[vox-tech] dualboot noob question

Jimbo evesautomotive at charter.net
Fri Aug 18 15:01:47 PDT 2006

It's as if you are mirroring me completly:

I too am a gamer and experimenting with Linux (just got into debian, cool
bits and knoppix kicks asp!).

I have experimental hard drives that are dockable.  I have 2 slots for
docks.  If I want to experiment, I just turn off my pc, switch off my xp
drive (with a key, no doubt), swith on my linux/experimental/whathaveyou
drive and wala.

I have used the latest suse 10 distro and have sucessfully had 1 hard drive
with win 98 and suse.  98 uses the fat system so I don't know if suse will
be doable for the ntfs file system (xp).  Suse 10 auto did this dual boot
for me gui style when option was selected.

It was cool when I had it set up this way for I could easily configure it to
boot either as default with a time out.  I configured it to auto boot xp for
my wife and if I wanted to play w/ suse all I had to do is select suse under
a certain time frame.  Easy to use gui interface too.

I have used partition magic to reconfigure partions.  Nice program.

Let me know if you would like to try my distro.  Just clone your drive
before we experiment too much.

Jim