[vox-tech] Setting default directory for FTP users

Micah J. Cowan micah at cowan.name
Fri Apr 14 12:37:06 PDT 2006

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 10:41:49AM -0700, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> My question is: is it possible to set it up so that when a user logs in
> with an FTP application, they're sent to a different directory than their
> own home directory?  For example, if user Bob can develop in both
> SUBDOMAIN1 and SUBDOMAIN2, can I set it up so that when he logs in with
> FileZilla he defaults to the OURDOMAIN instead of /home/bob?  If so, how
> do I do this?

It's dependant on the FTP server (which one are you using?), but yeah,
this is often easy to set up.

Of course, in your specific example, why not set his actual home
directory to wherever you want him to go in the first place? Since he
won't be logging in, he'll never need a separate home.

--
Micah J. Cowan
http://micah.cowan.name/