[vox-tech] Install windows in linux Red Hat Enterprise

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Sun May 29 16:45:32 PDT 2005

on Sat, May 28, 2005 at 12:04:40PM -0700, Karsten M. Self (kmself at ix.netcom.com) wrote:
> on Wed, May 25, 2005 at 04:07:54PM -0500, Jay Strauss (me at heyjay.com) wrote:
> >
> > >Or qemu:
> > >
> > >    http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/ossupport.html
> > >
> > >Haven't tried it m'self, plan on looking at it.
> >
> > Bochs too
> > http://bochs.sourceforge.net/
>
> Bochs is IME too slow to be usable, though it might be suitable for
> research or development.  Qemu is reportedly an improvement on this.

Been messing with qemu.  It'll boot Tom's Root Boot (directly from the
image file), also DOS 6.22 and Win3.1 (which I happened to have lying
around).  Performance is about 60% of native, but largely usable.

NT 4.0 Workstation install hangs on the 3rd install floppy, which
doesn't seem to be recognized.

Peace.

     Richter is a sort of Internet arsonist; he destroys the usefulness
     of email, and gets paid for it.
     - Morley Dotes, on NANAE