[vox-tech] Install windows in linux Red Hat Enterprise

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 23 13:32:01 PDT 2005

Stanley

I'm sorry you didn't get everything solved at the Installfest.  If you
must use Peachtree, it does look you will need to run Windows.

While the other two responses are correct and helpful, for beginner
users of Linux I am going to recommend a brute force method:

1) back up your data
2) boot the windows install CD
3) delete all partitions on your hard drive
4) make a single partition for windows (~10GB)
5) install windows on that partition
6) install linux on another 10GB, leaving some unpartitioned space if
possible
7) make another partition that is formated fat32; this can be used by
both windows and linux

It is a shame you have to delete your existing linux with this method.
However, trying to work around it while installing windows could lead to
all sorts of trouble that could take a long time to resolve.

Jonathan