[vox-tech] another PS2PDF question [solved]

Dylan Beaudette dylan at iici.no-ip.org
Thu Mar 3 11:25:14 PST 2005

On Monday 28 February 2005 02:45 pm, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
[snip]

> Using my suggested hack, try "epstopdf foo.pdf", i.e. allow the default
> compression flag to stay on.  You should get a compressed (smaller)
> file, but the image should still be "crisp".

Thanks for the suggestions. My PDF files are beingcreated quite nicely now!

> The best doc I can find is
> http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/gnu/7.05/Ps2pdf.htm.  This, with trial
> and error, lead me to my suggestion above.  From what I can tell, the
> "prepress" setting has the same color image encoding options as the
> others, so I don't think the results will be much different.

That website was a good start, however it is lacking information on the more
finer points of PDF creation. I did a little more digging , and here is what
I found;

 this website: http://www.texnik.de/hyperref/hyperref.phtml has a lot of nice
details on PDF creation in general.

Also, it is possible to change the default GS PDF creation behavior here;
/usr/share/gs-gpl/8.01/lib/gs_pdfwr.ps

Cheers!

--
Dylan Beaudette