[vox-tech] OT hardware router suggestions

Dylan Beaudette dylan at iici.no-ip.org
Thu Jun 2 12:43:09 PDT 2005

Hi,

I am looking to replace my computer-based router with a smaller and
more energy efficient hardware router. In the past I have tried a
couple Linksys routers, but they consistently broke ssh connections
between home and remote machine (on DSL). Since then,  the only way to
keep an ssh session for longer than 10 minutes was to use a software
router (i.e. an old computer).

As we are moving, I would like to try out a hardware router again but
this time with some input on :

relatively secure wireless
will not drop my ssh sessions
reliable operation