[vox-tech] WiFi Part II

Nicole Carlson ana.ng at tmbg.org
Thu Jul 21 15:29:58 PDT 2005

William Andrew wrote:
> Hi there...
>
> The WiFi problem part II
>
> So I have tried lots of places and messed with lots of settings to no
> avail.
> That brings up Jonathan's comment : "you may need to get a different card."
>
> Now if I were to look for the Ideal WiFi card for a ThinkPad T22 running
> FedoraCore what would I go looking for? What is the best Linux interface?

I was all set to come in here and recommend DLink brand cards (Prism
chipset) as working remarkably well under Linux (for me, anyways) while
being regularly found on sale at Fry's; until I did one last Internet
search and saw that they've strayed from the light and are putting some
non-Linux-supported chipsets in their latest models.  Grr.

On the bright side, I found this site, which looks like a handy reference:
http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html.gz
(Yes, that's a .gz on the end of that there URL.)

--nicole twn