[vox-tech] cpan and botched installation of Image::Timeline

Dylan Beaudette dylan at iici.no-ip.org
Thu Jul 21 09:07:51 PDT 2005

Hi everyone,

Being my first time using CPAN to install a new perl module, I thought
that it would be a piece of cake...

I attempted to install the module Image::Timeline like this:

$ cpan

cpan> install Image::Timeline

... it downloaded and installed GD first, and then started compiling
the Image::Timeline module
...however one of the tests failed, and would not install. I forced the
install to see if it would work anyways, but alas a simple script that
calls this module always fails.

here is the low down on the module:
http://search.cpan.org/~kwilliams/Image-Timeline-0.11/Timeline.pm

Right now I am stuck as to what I need to do in order to
1. remove this module from my local machine
2. re-install and save the error messages for further help from some
kind soul

any ideas would be appreciated!

--
Dylan Beaudette