[vox-tech] more on Beamer

Norm Matloff matloff at cs.ucdavis.edu
Tue Jul 19 21:34:43 PDT 2005

As promised, I've now written up a mini-tutorial on the Beamer LaTeX
class for making slide presentations.  You can read it at

http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/~matloff/beamer.html

Keep in mind that this IS a MINI-tutorial.  The full Beamer users guide
is 210 pages long!  But my mini-tutorial will get you started on Beamer
pretty quickly, with enough to work from for most ordinary
presentations.  You can always consult the users guide for advanced
tricks.

Concerning Beamer vs. Prosper, I think Beamer's \uncover command alone
is already enough to choose Beamer over Prosper.  For example, in the
geometry proof I have in the "quick tour" part of my mini-tutorial, I
uncover the steps (and their reasons) one item at a time, something I
suspect may not be possible by direct usage of Prosper's operations.

Norm