[vox-tech] Re: [vox] Survey: What do YOU use Linux for?

Nick Schmalenberger nschmalenberger at fastmail.fm
Wed Jul 6 15:46:40 PDT 2005

I use Linux to program waypoints in my GPS receiver. gpsbabel is a
really cool program that will translate between a whole bunch of
different file formats for waypoints and you just give an input file and
an output file. When you want to write to your GPS you just give it's
device as the output file and the same when you want to read. It is
really simple and I think an excellent UNIX philosophy program.
Nick