[vox-tech] Sarge Printing Problem

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 28 11:47:02 PST 2005

There are two things that should be simple and standardized in linux,
but definitely are not:  sound and printing!  Both are getting better if
you know what to do...

 From my experience, cups is the way to go for printing.  I highly
recommend the web interface for configuring, testing, and
troubleshooting.  There are other guis available for running cups, but
they don't always work correctly.  The web interface is often the same
across most distros and usually works.  So if you haven't already, put
localhost:631 in your browser's location bar.  If the cups daemon is
running, you should get a menu to start working CUPS.  If you have a
printer correctly installed, clicking on the "print test page" for that
printer should give you a nice CUPS test page.

Jonathan