[vox-tech] Sarge Printing Problem

Robert G. Scofield rscofield at afes.com
Fri Jan 28 11:32:41 PST 2005

I've done a Sarge net install three times now, and it's quite an experience.
I get a different set of packages even when I choose the same stuff to
download.  I don't have sound and I can't print.  But I've got some stuff to
read on sound, and will try to take care of that on my own.  But the printing
is a mystery.

I can't print from the GUI (Gnome in this case.)  At first I could print from
the command line using the command "lpr."  But after downloading the Cups
packages "lpr" would not work.  What would work from the command line was
"lpr -l."

Later nothing would print at all from the command line or GUI.  Then still
ater when I would print from the GUI I'd get this:  "%!PS-Adobe-3.0
%%BoundingBox:  (attend)  %%Creator:  OpenOffice."  That message would be
followed by either a bunch of gibberish followed by blank pages, or just by
the blank pages.

Now, for some reason, I am unable to print anything.  I can't print from the
command line or the GUI.  I've also downloaded all the foomatic packages I
can find.

So does anybody have any ideas as to what I might do?

Thank you.

Bob