[vox-tech] Plextor PX-712A not working...

Dylan Beaudette dylan at iici.no-ip.org
Thu Jan 13 10:18:29 PST 2005

Hi everyone,

I haven't bothered to try out the CDROM drive on this machine since linux was
installed, and now with a 2.6 series kernel my CDROM drive has vanished! (or
at least from the perspective of commands like mount)

The drive is connected to the primary IDE channel, and my hard drive is
connected to a serial IDE channel. As of kernel 2.6 my hard drive is accessed
as a SCSI device. However, my cdrom drive does not answer to requests sent to
hda,hdb,hdc,hdd ... nor to any SCSI devices...

I googled for a possible kernel module that I need in order to use this drive,
but didn't seem to find any pages suggesting that.

also -- my kern.log and dmesg output don't even mention the drive...

Any ideas would be quite helpful!

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis