[vox-tech] DPMS Problem?

Josh Parsons jbparsons at ucdavis.edu
Wed Jan 12 12:59:58 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 11:26 -0800, John Wojnaroski wrote:

> I think I tried  what you suggested a while back, by commenting out the line
> in the XF86Config file, also xset -dpms, and should have mentioned that the
> shell script also has the 'xset s off' line it and the monitors still go
> blank. I might add the graphics board is a dual-headed FX5200

My laptop likes to unexpectedly switch the X11 screen saver back on
under some circumstances.  Haven't figured out why or how yet, I suspect
it might be to do with suspend.

Anyway, you could check that your "xset s off" has had the desired
effect by running "xset q".

--
Josh Parsons
Philosophy Department