[vox-tech] OT: over-the-air HD in davis?

Charles McLaughlin cmclaughlin at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jan 10 12:43:30 PST 2005

Hello,

Here are my results of OTA HDTV using a 58", 25 element antenna (RCA part#
ANT3020X) with an advertised 35 mile radius.  For testing purposes, the
antenna was placed on my front porch.  It will eventually go up in the
attic.  I live in South Davis, near Safeway.

I plugged the antenna into my DishNetwork HD receiver and the following
channels with ~90% reception.  To sum up my experience... Wow!  OTA HD is
really, really cool.  It seems that if you can receive the signal, then
there is no static or interference.  Either you have the signal in full HD
glory or you don't it at all.

I'm a little concerned about pixelation once I put the antenna in the
attic, so I might return it and get a 80" 32 element model.

Regards,
Charles

Ch#     Name		Analog or Digital
--      ----            -----------------
3	ABC             A
3-01    KCRA-DT         D

I remember seeing KVIE but don't have it in my notes

10-01   KXTV-DT         D
10-02   News10          D
10-03   Radar           D
13-01   KOVR-HD         D