[vox-tech] Debian Net Install Question

Robert G. Scofield rscofield at afes.com
Wed Jan 5 15:05:02 PST 2005

I've been reading about the Debian network installation and decided to try it.
As I understand it you download a relatively small file to burn to  a CD, and
then later install what you need.

So I downloaded this file:  sarge-i386-netinst.iso

But when I burn it, it doesn't boot.  I downloaded it with Firebird, and there
was no option to set the files to binary.  I assume that the files must have
been set to binary by default.

I used K3B to burn the CD.  In Settings I checked the box for copying system
files.  There was no special box to check for burning a bootable CD like
there is in my Windows CD burner.  (I actually tried my Windows CD burner,
and that led to a disaster which I won't get into here.)

So does anybody know what I've done wrong.  I know my BIOS is set for booting
CD's because I was booting Knoppix last night.

Thanks.

Bob