[vox-tech] Phoenix BIOS Blind Video Switch

Ken Herron kherron+lugod at fmailbox.com
Sat Jan 1 11:25:19 PST 2005

Jeff Newmiller wrote:
> The shell is broken from the mobo... the pins that rise from the mobo and
> bend horizontally and have sleeves on them to recieve the plug pins are
> bent every which way, and attempts to bend them back have simply resulted
> in broken pins... there is no elasticity left in the metal.

It's a long shot, but if you were to go to HSC, you might be able to
find an identical motherboard, or some kind of replacement that takes
the same CPU/memory. The used/surplus motherboards they stock tend to be
for extremely out-of-date stuff.

Short of that, I think your best bet is to somehow get a monitor hooked
to the existing connector. <http://www.networktechinc.com/technote.html>
has the pinout for the standard video port. It probably isn't necessary
to hook up all of the color pins.

As a last-ditch method, if you can identify a particular chip that
provides the onboard video you could try disabling it somehow. If the
onboard video fails at boot time, the BIOS might automatically switch to
an external video card.