[vox-tech] Phoenix BIOS Blind Video Switch

Shwaine shwaine at shwaine.com
Sat Jan 1 06:04:08 PST 2005

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005, Jeff Newmiller wrote:

> I downloaded the pdf manual for the mobo, and followed the instructions to
> press the right keys to go through the BIOS menus, using the keyboard
> lights to tell me when I was "in" and when I had "left the
> BIOS".  However, I don't know EXACTLY which keys to press to make changes
> in this BIOS... I have used Phoenix bioses before, though, and think that
> "enter" opens a little dialog box with a list of options, of which the pdf
> says I have two, so I press "up" or "down" (have tried both a couple of
> times) and press enter again to complete the selection.

There in lays your problem. The method of getting input varies by BIOS
maker and version. Does the PDF manual have screen captures of the BIOS
screen? If so, enlarge the page and look closely at the bottom for a
legend of navigation keys. I've got two motherboard manuals that have
Phoenix BIOS overviews and both have slightly different navigation keys.
The older one suggests using PgUp and PgDown to select values, but also
has +/- listed on the bottom in its navigation legend. The newer manual
just has +/- listed in the legend.