[vox-tech] Assorted OO questions

Peter Jay Salzman p at dirac.org
Mon Feb 28 09:05:43 PST 2005

Colored Cells

Let's say I color a cell wth blue3.  Later, I want to color a cell with
the same color.  But blue3 looks like blue1, blue2, blue3, blue4 and light
blue (which isn't very light).  Is there a fast way to determine which color
was used to color a cell?

I would've expected that when you highlight a colored cell, the color swatch
in the color picker should highlight.  Or something.  As it stands, I have
to do trial and error for some colors.

Scientific notation

When I highlight a cell that contains 1E-10, the input line will display
"0.0000000001" which is absurd.  I want the input line to read "1E-10".  Is
there a way to configure the input line to display numbers only in
scientific notation?

Pete