[vox-tech] Looking for recommendation: video capture/TV tuner

Lynn Wood lwood at zworld.com
Fri Feb 18 13:03:59 PST 2005

Dmitriy wrote:

> [snip]
>
>>What TV/video capture cards make people drool these days?
>
> For tv capture one of the best is WinTV PVR-250/350 (later having tv-out)

The PVR-150 is also out, and only costs ~$70.  It has a TV tuner,
FM tuner, and the essential MPEG encoding, but not the remote control,
TV out, or MPEG decoding of the 250/350 boards.  Linux drivers are
mentioned on the Hauppauge web site, and in general Hauppauge boards
are well-supported.

Mine just arrived this week, but I haven't been able to play with
it yet!

			-Lynn