[vox-tech] moving an url gracefully

Philip Neustrom philipn at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 08:54:09 PST 2005

As for search engine ranking: it shouldn't really matter.  If you're
paranoid you can use a proper http redirect by sending the headers
requested.   This can be done using mod_alias in apache.  Something
like
"Redirect /foo http://foo2.bar.com/"

With mod_rewrite it looks like there are two seperate but identical
files.  With mod_alias the http client can tell you're redirecting.
Either way it shouldn't matter too much.

--Philip Neustrom