[vox-tech] moving an url gracefully

Philip Neustrom philipn at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 08:45:57 PST 2005

You'll want to use your webserver's rewrite engine to do this.  For
apache, it's mod_rewrite.  It's pretty straightforward to do,
especially for something like this.

I believe it'd be something like:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/foo/(.*)$ /where/your/files/are/on/disk/$1 [L]

so if bar is in /var/www/foo/bar

RewriteRule ^/foo/(.*)$ /var/www/foo/$1 [L]

will reroute request for /foo/x to /var/www/foo/x

--Philip Neustrom