[vox-tech] KDE footprint on lower end machines.

wild bill hammer29 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 16 17:29:18 PDT 2005

Sitting here behind me is a SuSE box running KDE 3.0 on SuSE
8.1.  It has dual P100 cpus and 77,664k mem.  Takes about3
to 7 minutes from startx until you have a usable KDE screen
depending on whether you are starting a saved session or
not.
I do not comprehend how to "send an xterm worth of top
output" or I would be happy to.  import does not appear to
be a usable command on the box.

bill wells