[vox-tech] openoffice stopped printing

Henry House hajhouse at houseag.com
Thu Sep 30 08:11:10 PDT 2004

På torsdag, 30 september 2004, skrev Peter Jay Salzman:
> Hi all,
>
> Openoffice no longer prints anything, and I'm at a complete loss on how to
> diagnose the problem.
>
> My printing system works perfectly.  In fact, to print my OO documents, I
> need to export the document to pdf and then print the pdf from acroread or
> xpdf.  But I shouldn't have to do this.  I should be able to simply print
> from OO.

Are using the Debian versions? These are very broken right now, judging from
the traffic on debian-user. Printing and spellchecking both broke when I
upgraded my packages, so I switched back to the build from openoffice.org
until Debian fixes its packages.

I suggest installing a non-Debian OO in /usr/local, which is suboptimal :-(
but can print and check spelling.

--
Henry House