[vox-tech] openoffice stopped printing

Peter Jay Salzman p at dirac.org
Thu Sep 30 07:23:31 PDT 2004

Hi all,

Openoffice no longer prints anything, and I'm at a complete loss on how to
diagnose the problem.

My printing system works perfectly.  In fact, to print my OO documents, I
need to export the document to pdf and then print the pdf from acroread or
xpdf.  But I shouldn't have to do this.  I should be able to simply print
from OO.

The printer name in OO is "GenericPrinter" (sic), and there's no other
options in the pulldown menu.  However, I do believe that it has always been
"GenericPrinter", even when printing in OO worked.

Using lpc, I disable printing and tried printing with OO.  Nothing showed up
in the queue, so it appears that OO isn't even attempting to queue the job.

I'm getting no log messages, no warnings, no nothing.  Any ideas on how to
diagnose the problem?

Pete