[vox-tech] Free offsite backup

Peter Jay Salzman p at dirac.org
Thu Sep 30 06:01:39 PDT 2004

On Wed 29 Sep 04, 11:57 PM, Rod Roark <rod at sunsetsystems.com> said:
> Just thought I'd share this.  After reading the following:
>
> http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/09/30/001210
>
> I signed up for a free 100GB (!) email account.  Now all I
> need to to is write up a cron script that will run tar,
> gzip, ccrypt, uuencode and mailx.  :-)
>
> -- Rod

Nice!  Thanks for posting this to vox-tech.  Turns out to be a motorcycling
site of some sort.   The server turns out to be 100% solar powered too.

If only the server were running Linux, it would perfect (I didn't know there
was a MS operating system called 2003.  I thought XP was the newest one)!

Hope they don't spam me...

Pete