[vox-tech] "bring to front" X-window command

Karsten M. Self kmself at ix.netcom.com
Mon Sep 27 23:11:45 PDT 2004

on Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 11:24:21AM -0700, Jonathan Stickel (jjstickel at sbcglobal.net) wrote:
> Is there a command I can run from commandline, say from an xterm
> (actually konsole), to select a certain window in an X-session (actually
> KDE) and push it to the top?  I'm doing some scripting and have a
> command which essentially seems to do a screen capture.  I want it to
> capture the contents of a certain window, but that window must be on
> top, of course, not hiding behind another window.

Don Marti's posted a really cool X scriping language reference to the
linux-elitists list for xautomation:

    http://zgp.org/linux-elitists/20021114022353.GA1934@zgp.org.html

...which might support this.

    http://hoopajoo.net/projects/xautomation.html

Peace.

    This is your receipt for your husband...and this is my receipt for
    your receipt.
    - "Brazil"