[vox-tech] VPN question

Rod Roark rod at sunsetsystems.com
Mon Sep 27 16:15:24 PDT 2004

I don't know much about Linux VPN support, but I have some
experience with it.  ;-)

To evaluate the scope of the problem you need to find out
what protocol(s) will be used.  While you're at it, find out
what product/vendor they are using, especially as your local
admins might not know what's really happening on the wire.

IPSEC is one popular standard, for which you'd probably want
to look up Openswan at http://www.openswan.org/ (I used its
precursor, FreeS/WAN, a couple of years ago).

-- Rod