[vox-tech] Greylisting and LUGOD

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Sep 14 10:31:44 PDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 09:39:15AM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:
> The effect on LUGOD would be:
>
> (1) Virtually no spam.  Mostly this is of interest to the
>     officers, as the mailing lists already require
>     registration in order to post; however spammers might
>     easily forge the FROM header to abuse this.

Sounds good to me!!!

> (2) Mail from first-time posters, or from those who post
>     less frequently than once per month, would likely be
>     delayed by an hour or so.

Would intervention from listadmins be necessary?

> (3) This *might* allow me to eliminate the current blocking
>     of mail from dynamic IPs.

Coo'

> Comments?

Sounds good to me, though I didn't read the whitepaper... ;)

-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com            Man, some trip this turned out to be.
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/       All we caught is a tire, a boot,
New Breed Software                    a tin can and this book of cliches.