[vox-tech] my keyboard quit working

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Sep 6 20:55:31 PDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 07:50:21PM -0400, Paul wrote:
> All this makes me think that my problem is buried somewhere in X or KDE.

One quick test... don't boot into X-Window and see if the keyboard continues
working after the kernel has come up (you said it worked in LILO), but
before X11 comes up (you said it didn't work in KDE).

You can try doing "linux single" (where "linux" is the name of the kernel
in LILO that you want to test) to boot into single-user mode.  If you can
type at the root prompt, then yes, it's an X issue. :^)

Good luck!

-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com            Man, some trip this turned out to be.
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/       All we caught is a tire, a boot,
New Breed Software                    a tin can and this book of cliches.