[vox-tech] debian and openoffice

Bruce Wolk bawolk at ucdavis.edu
Mon Oct 18 11:12:59 PDT 2004

Robert G. Scofield wrote:

> What level of expertise does one need in order to install Gentoo?  It's
> not like installing Mandrake or SuSE, right?  I'm somewhat familiar with
> the Debian install.  Is it like Debian?

Not a whole lot.  For example, I had never used "chroot" before or even
compiled a kernel.  All you need is the ability to follow the excellent
step by step directions in the documentation.  Well, that's not exactly
true.  You will also need time, since there is a lot of compiling to do.
  But it is really worth it.  I guarantee once you try Gentoo you will
never look back.

Bruce