[vox-tech] debian and openoffice

Rod Roark rod at sunsetsystems.com
Mon Oct 18 10:19:31 PDT 2004

On Monday 18 October 2004 10:00 am, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> Have to admit, I've been greatly disappointed with Sarge.  I don't remember
> Woody being this bad when it was in testing.  Something happened...   It
> almost seems like "testing" now really does mean "testing".   ;)

I guess Gentoo is much like Debian in many respects, aside
from the compile-from-source focus.  Anyway I wanted to
comment that I've been generally pleased with the up-to-
dateness of the Gentoo's "stable" tree, and pretty much
stick with it except for a handful of cases where only an
"unstable" package has something I need.  I'm using it on
two servers and my desktop now.

Just in case you were thinking of trying a different
distribution.  ;-)

-- Rod