[vox-tech] Removing Files [SOLVED]

Daniel Hurt vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 26 May 2004 20:05:15 -0700

Finally after long last the problem is solved.  Only took a new kernel
;-p  I am not sure what gave me the idea, but something that I was
reading triggered the memory that there are different kernel options for
adding character sets.

For the 2.6 Kernel Branch I had to go into

File Systems
   \---> Native Language Support
      \---> NLS UTF8 Support

And enable.  The once that was completed, I could now mount the drive
with UTF8 support as suggested by Mark Kim.

# mount /dev/vg/media /usr/media/ -o iocharset=utf8

Not sure if I had to create the local first, because I did it before I
modified the kernel. But on Gentoo these are the commands that I had to
use to do that:

# localedef -i en_US -c -f UTF-8 en_US.UTF-8
# export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8

I was successfully able to rename the files.  Thanks for all the help
everyone.  Much appreciated.

Dan