[vox-tech] MySQL: convert char to string

Jeff Newmiller vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 26 May 2004 12:21:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Dylan Beaudette wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> quick MySQL question...
>
> is there any clean way (in the SQL itself) to convert an integer to a
> string in MySQL prior to 4.1?
>
> for example: select to_char(int_column) as this_used_to_be_an_int

select concat(int_column) as this_used_to_be_an_int

With implicit casts, I guess the MySQL people figured there wasn't much
point in providing explicit casts, until demand changed their minds.

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing