[vox-tech] Gentoo printer font problem

Bruce Wolk vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 21 May 2004 21:27:47 -0700

After I managed to wreck my Redhat 9 set-up trying to upgrade to KDE
3.2, I decided to start over with Gentoo.  It has been quite a ride, but
I now have a working system with KDE, Firefox, and Thunderbird.  But I
am stumped trying to get decent printing.  I have an hp laserjet 1300
and have set up cups and foomatic.  The test page from the CUPS print
manager prints beautifully.  But any printing from the KDE programs,
such as Kword or Kate, produce ugly, barely readable text.

Do any of you Gentoo folks have a suggestion?  Or is fedora in my future?

Bruce