[vox-tech] Removing Files

Daniel Hurt vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 21 May 2004 00:40:40 -0700

I got the exact same output as you Tim.  I copies both outputs to files
and then ran $ diff and there was no difference between the two outputs.
  At the end of the email, i have  included it if you are curious. I am
stymied at this point.  Thanks for all the suggestions.

Dan

Tim Riley wrote:

> The remove works here. Maybe there's a hidden control character in
> the filename that's getting in the way. Here's some code to
> display the ascii of the filename and the output I get. Does
> your output match mine?
>
> Begin code snip
> 		if( directory_entry->d_name[ 0 ] == 'E' ) {
> 			printf( "Found the File!\n" );
> {
> char *ptr = directory_entry->d_name;
> while( *ptr )
> {
> 	fprintf( stderr, "%c = %u\n", *ptr, *ptr );
> 	ptr++;
> }
> }
>
> End code snip
>
> Begin output
>
> E = 69
> v = 118
> i = 105
> l = 108
>   = 32
> D = 68
> e = 101
> a = 97
> d = 100
>   = 32
> 3 = 51
>   = 32
> - = 45
>   = 32
> A = 65
> r = 114
> m = 109
> y = 121
>   = 32
> o = 111
> f = 102
>   = 32
> D = 68
> a = 97
> r = 114
> k = 107
> n = 110
> e = 101
> s = 115
> s = 115
>   = 32
> ( = 40
> D = 68
> i = 105
> r = 114
> e = 101
> c = 99
> t = 116
> o = 111
> r = 114
> ´ = 4294967220
> s = 115
>   = 32
> C = 67
> u = 117
> t = 116
> ) = 41
> . = 46
> a = 97
> v = 118
> i = 105
>
> End output

[/usr/media/movies] $ ./a.out
.
..
Evil Dead 3 - Army of Darkness (Director´s Cut).avi
Found the File!
E = 69
v = 118
i = 105