[vox-tech] Removing Files

Daniel Hurt vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 20 May 2004 13:41:17 -0700

Sorry got side tracked. I tried performing a file system check as you
suggested.  The partition is LVM2 volume with JFS installed.  It is a
snap to unmount since the contents are data.  There were no errors
detected when running fsck.jfs.

The command run with output was:
# fsck.jfs -v -f /dev/vg/media
fsck.jfs version 1.1.3, 05-Sep-2003
processing started: 5/20/2004 13.39.3
The current device is:  /dev/vg/media
Open(...READ/WRITE EXCLUSIVE...) returned rc = 0
Primary superblock is valid.
The type of file system for the device is JFS.
Block size in bytes:  4096
Filesystem size in blocks:  78643200
**Phase 0 - Replay Journal Log
LOGREDO:  Log already redone!
logredo returned rc = 0
**Phase 1 - Check Blocks, Files/Directories, and  Directory Entries
**Phase 2 - Count links
**Phase 3 - Duplicate Block Rescan and Directory Connectedness
**Phase 4 - Report Problems
**Phase 5 - Check Connectivity
**Phase 6 - Perform Approved Corrections
**Phase 7 - Rebuild File/Directory Allocation Maps
**Phase 8 - Rebuild Disk Allocation Maps
Filesystem Summary:
Blocks in use for inodes:  1564
Inode count:  12512
File count:  8042
Directory count:  406
Block count:  78643200
Free block count:  21565508
314572800 kilobytes total disk space.
      5451 kilobytes in 406 directories.
228222313 kilobytes in 8042 user files.
         0 kilobytes in extended attributes
         0 kilobytes in access control lists
     93906 kilobytes reserved for system use.
  86262032 kilobytes are available for use.
Filesystem is clean.
All observed inconsistencies have been repaired.
Filesystem has been marked clean.
**** Filesystem was modified. ****
processing terminated:  5/20/2004 13:39:20  with return code: 0  exit
code: 0.