[vox-tech] Removing Files

Daniel Hurt vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 20 May 2004 01:56:23 -0700

Milver S. Nisay wrote:

>>No luck with the mp3 or avi files.  I have included the excuted commands
>>and the outcomes below.  Thanks for the suggestions though.
>

> check if the files are immutables?  are you deleting the file using root?
> have you tried rm -rf ? what about modifying file attribute to 777 and chmod
> root.root ALLFILES
> then delete them again using rm -rf ?

Sorry cannot stat the files at all.  The only evidence that I have that
they are there is the error messages that get from the commands
complaining that such and such file is not there.  For instance:

$ ls -R ./movies

would error with this:
ls: movies/Evil Dead 3 - Army of Darkness (Director´s Cut).avi: No such
file or directory

So Any command that tries and access the files errors.

Thanks though.

Dan