[vox-tech] redirect to squid using router

Ehrhart, Jay vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 18 May 2004 11:14:56 -0700

This is more a Linux thing than a Cisco thing.
To see if the router even sees the Linux box you can type
Show ip wccp web-cache
You should get something like this=20

#show ip wccp web-cache
Global WCCP information:
    Router information:
        Router Identifier:                   206.15.244.10
        Protocol Version:                    1.0

    Service Identifier: web-cache
        Number of Cache Engines:             1
        Number of routers:                   1
        Total Packets Redirected:            544743743
        Redirect access-list:                -none-
        Total Packets Denied Redirect:       0
        Total Packets Unassigned:            26
        Group access-list:                   -none-
        Total Messages Denied to Group:      0
        Total Authentication failures:       0

And/or type

#show ip wccp web-cache view
    WCCP Routers Informed of:
        -none-

    WCCP Cache Engines Visible:
        172.27.4.249

    WCCP Cache Engines NOT Visible:
        -none-

If the router doesn't see it, it ain't right on the Linux box.