[vox-tech] USB mass storage trouble (7-in-one flash reader)

Troy Arnold vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:49:09 -0800

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 10:27:36AM -0800, Henry House wrote:
> I've acquired a USB-2.0 seven-in-one flash card reader-writer. Remarkably,
> the scanty accompanying manual clains that the device is supported by Linux
> =>2.4.0. Unfortunately I cannot get it to work. With kernel 2.4.24 running on
> the Linux box and a smartmedia wafer in the drive, I get this result when
> trying to read a partition table from the flash card:

Someone on the openzaurus-users list once mentioned surprise at finding
out that their sandisk smartmedia card had a FAT filesystem but no
partition table.

Possibly dumb question here, but have you tried to mount /dev/sdaX ?

-troy