[vox-tech] HOWTO: use your domain search path with omsoft's proxy.

Ken Bloom vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:27:04 -0800

I have that configured for everything that's *not* HTTP. Unfortunately, if
you give Omsoft's transparent proxy a Host: header (as browsers today do),
then Omsoft will try to go ahead and resolve that to get you the web site.
Suffice to say, Omsoft isn't going to find http://my/ (I don't know why my
web browser isn't expected to pass on an FQDN). So my proxy (which I needed
anyway) rewrites the URL here.

Perhaps there's an API I can tap into to make my perl script take advantage
of the settings in /etc/resolv.conf, but I don't know what it is.

(/me looks at man pages - res_query. I think I'll try that out. It seems
there's a perl module for that.)