[vox-tech] problems interacting with windows share

Jonathan Stickel vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 03 Mar 2004 08:22:25 -0800

I'm able to read and write to my department's windows (2000, I think)
shared folders by first mounting like this:

$smbmount //server/share ~/mnt/share/ -o workgroup=WGRP username=user_name

After entering my password when prompted, I can read and write to the
share through the mountpoint.  Have you tried this?

I have my own question:  when I try to include my windows password in
the command line above (e.g. password=pass_word), I still get prompted
for it.  Why is this?

Jonathan