[vox-tech] Components of a FreeBSD Minimum Install [OT]

Daniel Hurt dwhurt at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jun 25 21:36:08 PDT 2004

Yes, thanks :)  I have gathered that, but I was wondering what is
included in this set of "userland" and is there an easy way (automated)
to gather the information about the versions of the software installed
instead of finding each command and then appending -v or -V?  Or is
there a place that I am missing that lists these packages and versions?

For instance, FreeBSD 5.2.1 comes with:
gcc 3.3.3
OpenSSH_3.6.1p1
grep (GNU grep) 2.4d