[vox-tech] timing page render/loads

David Siedband david at calteg.org
Tue Jun 22 23:19:25 PDT 2004

I'm interested in testing the performance of one of my web applications
between some different machines I'm running it on.  Zope proxied
through Apache with a MySQL backend running on different hosts under
Linux and FreeBSD...  Some installations have all processes on the same
host.  Some have the db on another machine.

Does the information I get from doing

$time wget

Do the figures I get from doing time wget give me an accurate idea of
the relative rendertimes between the different machines?  Is there a
better way to do this?

thx

--
David